[chirp_users] CHIRP and VX-6: impossible to upload from Mac

Giulio Marchi
Tue Nov 10 11:59:26 PST 2020

> Il giorno 10 nov 2020, alle ore 02:44, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> The above ( /dev/cu.usbserial ) indicates that you have a programming
> cable with a Prolific type USB-to-Serial chip. Genuine Prolific chips
> are very rare in programming cable so the likelihood of your chip
> being an unauthorized copy is very high. In that case you need to
> purchase and use a 3rd party device driver. This is the one I bought
> and installed on my macBook Air to use with my large variety of
> programming cables with a "Prolific" chip.
>
> https://www.mac-usb-serial.com/
>
> Jim KC9HI

Ah, interesting. I was taking for granted that driver-wise I was fine since I could download from the radio and I already installed the following ones as suggested in other discussions I read:
- PL2303_MacOSX_v1.6.4_20200911.zip from http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/supportDownload.aspx?FileType=56&FileID=133&pcid=85&Page=0 (I also tried PL2303HXD_G_Driver_v2_0_0_20191204.zip from http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41 with similar results)
- RTSystemsMacDriversV24.zip from http://www.rtsystems.us/drivers/

In case it may shed more light, the attachment shows the response of the “Serial Detect” app from mac-usb-serial.com.

I will give a try to their driver and report back. Apparently with the Sunday sale.

Thanks again,

Giulio
IU0BMW