[chirp_users] Programming an ICOM IC-7100

Tony Fuller
Sat Nov 7 11:06:34 PST 2020

Hi John,

Did you check the chirp debug.log file for any error messages? Many times chirp will have an error, stop what it's doing and write the error message to the log file instead of letting the user know about it. I'd be curious if there's anything in the log file after you connect and try to change a value again.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_To_Report_Issues
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of John <subs at qcontinuum.plus.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 10:14:03 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: [chirp_users] Programming an ICOM IC-7100

I recently purchased an ICOM IC-7100 and am trying to purchase it with Chirp. I am unable to find a copy of the official ICOM CS71-00 software (presumably it has to be purchased?) so I am trying Chirp. I usually work on Linux so tried the Linux version first.

When Chirp connects, I get a warning that the Icom IC-7100 operates in live mode and that any changes will be immediately sent to the radio. Chirp connects to the radio and downloads the existing memories and bank configurations, but I can't make any changes. For example I would like to change the bank assignments, but the checkboxes do not work.

Is it in some kind of read-only mode? Is there something I else I need to do?

I tried the Windows version as well (on Windows 7) and the same thing happens.

--
John.<https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach>