[chirp_users] Programming an ICOM IC-7100

John
Sat Nov 7 08:14:03 PST 2020

I recently purchased an ICOM IC-7100 and am trying to purchase it with
Chirp. I am unable to find a copy of the official ICOM CS71-00 software
(presumably it has to be purchased?) so I am trying Chirp. I usually
work on Linux so tried the Linux version first.

When Chirp connects, I get a warning that the Icom IC-7100 operates in
live mode and that any changes will be immediately sent to the radio.
Chirp connects to the radio and downloads the existing memories and bank
configurations, but I can't make any changes. For example I would like
to change the bank assignments, but the checkboxes do not work.

Is it in some kind of read-only mode? Is there something I else I need
to do?

I tried the Windows version as well (on Windows 7) and the same thing
happens.

--
John.<https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach>