[chirp_users] chirp flatpak (In need of a few brave souls)

goldstar611 at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 19:08:29 PDT 2020

Richard,

I did a live boot with Ubuntu 20.04, apt installed flatpak, added the runtime and installed your flatpak file. Success!
I had Chirp running on Ubuntu 20.04 in under 10 minutes!
And I was able to download and upload to several of the older Baofeng 888 radios and a Radioddity GA-2S (same driver in chirp).

Some notes on your current flatpak:
- Chirp needs network access for the online repeater database and to check for updates
- Chirp complains (when launched from the console) that 2 drivers need python-future package

I did some more modifications to my flatpak file and here's what I found:
- pygtk fails to compile with gnome Sdk version 3.36 but compiles on 3.26. gnome Sdk 3.30 is unsupported for some reason.
  - I'll look into how to get things working on a newer version
- I have no idea where to find a "list" of available versions but did find the upstream repository on gitlab
  - https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta
- Removed all the pip related stuff
- Added python-future
- Nolan's repo has a lot of stuff mine is missing.
  - Like a desktop shortcut

https://gist.github.com/goldstar611/cb0037ee29ae315bb2f0211e69d95799/revisions

Tony