[chirp_users] chirp flatpak (In need of a few brave souls)

Richard Shaw
Fri May 1 19:18:46 PDT 2020

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:09 PM <goldstar611 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I did a live boot with Ubuntu 20.04, apt installed flatpak, added the
> runtime and installed your flatpak file. Success!
> I had Chirp running on Ubuntu 20.04 in under 10 minutes!
> And I was able to download and upload to several of the older Baofeng 888
> radios and a Radioddity GA-2S (same driver in chirp).

Good deal!

Some notes on your current flatpak:
> - Chirp needs network access for the online repeater database and to check
> for updates

Added, for the next version.

> - Chirp complains (when launched from the console) that 2 drivers need
> python-future package

Ok, I'll add that with pip.

> I did some more modifications to my flatpak file and here's what I found:
> - pygtk fails to compile with gnome Sdk version 3.36 but compiles on 3.26.
> gnome Sdk 3.30 is unsupported for some reason.
>   - I'll look into how to get things working on a newer version

I'm using 3.28 as the current target. I'm not sure I really need to be
using the gnome sdk over the regular freedesktop sdk but I inherited that
with the json file.

> - Nolan's repo has a lot of stuff mine is missing.
>   - Like a desktop shortcut

Mine should show a desktop shortcut. It worked with a local repo install.

Thanks,
Richard