[chirp_users] Fedora COPR for Fedora 32 and EL 8

Tony Fuller
Fri May 1 07:00:31 PDT 2020

If Nolan's flatpak file is/was working then lxml is not needed. Also I believed that pip install section wasn't working in mine so I added that dedicated pyserial section. That is probably the way to go if pip ever decides to shutdown py2 support. I also cheated and used a source from Ubuntu packages because FTP isn't supported by flatpak-builder.

@Nolan thanks for reminding us of your repository again. I thought I had seen something related to flatpak but couldn't remember where. That's going to be a valuable reference in knowing what is needed and what is not needed.

@Richard, I'm more than happy to clean up and incorporate anything that Nolan has and do some debugging. Also you can add json directly into a yml file if you like the syntax better while still taking advantage of new features like comments.

Tony

________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 1, 2020, 8:26 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Fedora COPR for Fedora 32 and EL 8

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 7:28 AM Nolan Darilek <nolan at thewordnerd.info<mailto:nolan at thewordnerd.info>> wrote:

Sorry, folks, if I missed a critical message in this thread. I have an older CHIRP flatpak here:

https://gitlab.com/ndarilek/chirp

Well, outside of the atrocious documentation on how to deal with icons, I actually got it to run after modifying Tony's JSON version. It uses PIP for the pure python dependencies and I think I like that better. If most of the documentation was in YAML instead of JSON I would definitely want to use your version.

Some noted differences:

I added suds for radioreference,
I don't see lxml in yours...

Other than the icon issue (haven't tested a full install with the desktop file) I actually was able to download from my Wouxun UV6D!

I'll see if I can adapt your YAML to my JSON file. I'm not currently doing any cleanup.

Thanks,
Richard