[chirp_users] Chirp and DM-5R Programming

Neil B
Tue Jan 14 01:39:31 PST 2020

not sure about the dmr baofengs, but the other dmr radios like tyt and anytones dont have a converter in usb lead, just straight thru.

i have made several by butchering old leads and using a 2.5mm stereo and 3.5mm stereo plugs.
http://md380.blogspot.com/2015/06/tytera-md380-usb-to-cable-pinout-diagram.html

----- Original Message -----
From: IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR<mailto:stuart.tener at bh90210.net>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Chirp and DM-5R Programming

John, et alia:

Well, I do understand Chirp not supporting DMR radios. I mean, obviously it could but if it does not, so be it. However, your comment about DM-5R radios using a different Baofeng cable is quite interesting! How can I tell (other than just seeing it does not read the radio) if a potential Beofeng cable is the proper one for a DM-5R (say I see it at a hamfest)? I'm on my 4th or 5th Beofeng cable I've purchased and still have none to program this radio! Can I make one? Where can I get one?

Thanks in advance!

73,

Stuart, N3GWG