[chirp_users] Chirp screen display and nominal behavior

Nita S.
Sat Jan 11 16:03:49 PST 2020

I am new to Chirp. My radio, a Jetstream JT-270MH, has the capability of
specifying both a tone encode (for keying a repeater) and a tone decode
(for validating that transmissions received) are from the correct repeater.
I had manually entered these into the radio, and it was working correctly.

Then I introduced Chirp into the picture. Chirp has columns for both Tone
and ToneSql. I have been unable to get the correct tone to show in both
columns. Generally, I see a value in the Tone column combined with 'Tone'
in the Tone Mode column. Alternatively, I see a value in the ToneSql column
and 'TSQL' in the Tone Mode column.

Is this the correct display, and if so which one tells me that Chirp is
programming the tone for transmissions in both directions ?

Note that I can open the memory line in a Properties window, set both Tone
and ToneSql to the same value, but they do not stick when clicking OK.

Also note that I have opened bug # 7475 concerning the precise radio
profile used to clone this data, and issues encountered, so there could be
a connection, but seems unlikely to me.