[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82HP Previous solution (from frequency to channel mode switching) does not work

Jim Unroe
Sun Dec 20 15:48:53 PST 2020

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 6:06 PM Kevin Evans <kevians2001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That function was turned off.  It didn't work. So I was trying to get it to work.  Now it works.  Although I'm now having issues trying to upload all my frequencies

Ahhh... yes. VFO/MR switching is disabled from the factory. A side
effect of the firmware being cloned from the UV-82C which requires
preventing access to the VFO for FCC Part 90 compliance.

You aren't trying to upload a CSV file directly into the UV-82HP, are
you? You cannot directly upload a CSV file to any radio that is
programmed by CHIRP using "clone mode". You must download from the
radio, import the channels from the CSV file (or load the CSV file
into a separate tab so you can copy-and-paste them into the tab from
your radio) and then upload the tab from your radio back into your
radio.