[chirp_users] New to ham radios

Glenn K0LNY
Fri Dec 11 11:06:49 PST 2020

Hi James,
Are you using Windows?
Are you certain that the cable is Com 6 in your device manager?
You can open device manager and then remove the cable to see if a port then
disappears.
Otherwise, you may need to open the device properties on that com port and
select an older driver, Windows may have used the driver it wants to use for
your cable.
If you are using Linux, select USB at the end of the com port list.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Walker" <jwalker3311 at gmail.com>
To: <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 12:56 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] New to ham radios

Good morning,

I bought a set of Baofeng UV-82hp radios a few weeks ago since than I have
not been able to program them. I tried two different cables so far the one
that came with the radios and one that I bought from Amazon, the Amazon
cable says it’s FTDI, it does flash and recognize my radios but I get an
error message while trying to clone  says that the radio can’t be Recognized
by com port 6. I’ve tried to update, install, reinstall the ports abound
twenty times. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I’m going to try another
cable any Sunday would be great!

Respectively,