[chirp_users] New to ham radios

James Walker
Fri Dec 11 10:56:35 PST 2020

Good morning,

I bought a set of Baofeng UV-82hp radios a few weeks ago since than I have not been able to program them. I tried two different cables so far the one that came with the radios and one that I bought from Amazon, the Amazon cable says it’s FTDI, it does flash and recognize my radios but I get an error message while trying to clone  says that the radio can’t be Recognized by com port 6. I’ve tried to update, install, reinstall the ports abound twenty times. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I’m going to try another cable any Sunday would be great!

Respectively,