[chirp_users] Baofeng A58S tri-band

Nick G4IRX
Wed Sep 4 13:47:53 PDT 2019

On 04/09/2019 21:08, Jim Unroe wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately neither of those models work.
>>
>> BTech/UV-5X3 = "Error reading data from radio: not the amount of data we want."
>>
>> Radioddity/UV-5RX3 = "Radio did not respond"
>>
>> Nick.
> Then you most likely have a driver/cable issue to solve.
>
> If you are running Windows and bought a cheap programming cable
> manufactured with a Prollific chip, have you downloaded, installed and
> selected the older Prolific V3.2.0.0 device driver? The device driver
> that is automatically installed by Windows is crippled when used with
> a counterfeit Prolific chip

I'm familiar with the above issue. Chirp and the programming cable (FTDI
USB serial adaptor and Kenwood compatible cable) work fine with
everything else I have and is set to COM4.

> Does the factory programming software work?

So far I've not managed to find this anywhere. I've contacted the seller
and awaiting their response. https://baofengradio.co.uk is the site
where I saw some of the software available but it's offline today.

Thanks for your help so far Jim.

73, Nick.