[chirp_users] Baofeng A58S tri-band

Jim Unroe
Wed Sep 4 13:08:50 PDT 2019

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately neither of those models work.
>
> BTech/UV-5X3 = "Error reading data from radio: not the amount of data we want."
>
> Radioddity/UV-5RX3 = "Radio did not respond"
>
> Nick.

Then you most likely have a driver/cable issue to solve.

If you are running Windows and bought a cheap programming cable
manufactured with a Prollific chip, have you downloaded, installed and
selected the older Prolific V3.2.0.0 device driver? The device driver
that is automatically installed by Windows is crippled when used with
a counterfeit Prolific chip.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Does the factory programming software work?