[chirp_users] Rs: setting up a uv-5ra via Chirp

Steve
Tue Oct 15 11:54:52 PDT 2019

Hi Jim. I got a purdy good idea now how to setup the (B) display. 1 point that still confuse me. It saids in the manual, menu #21 and #22 that the wording, example "FRS1" in the (B) display. The name in the display can only be edited via Chirp.

Jim said. When in MR (channel) mode, you can change the Memory Display Format
(MDF) at any time to whichever format you want. Most user like to have
one display line formatted to show NAME and the other display line
formatted to show FREQ. But some like to see them both set to NAME.

You can use menu 21 (MDF-A) and/or menu 22 (MDF-B) to set either MDF
that way you each display line formatted. The choices are CHAN, NAME
and FREQ.

As I explained in my earlier reply, you can also set each display
line's MDF using CHIRP .

Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (A): (Channel | Name | Frequency)
Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (B): (Channel | Name | Frequency)

If you set your MDF-A and MDF-B up using the radio's menus and want
them to stay that way, don't forget to download the changes to CHIRP
and save them. Otherwise the next time you upload changes from your
saved CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file, they will be set back to the
way CHIRP has them stored in the above mentioned settings.

Steve,  kc7byp at gmail.com
From the desk of the radio station KC7BYP
10/15/2019