[chirp_users] First time user (help)

Graham S
Wed May 29 01:30:52 PDT 2019

For Jim KC9HI and others..
Many thanks all! This community is all I had hoped for.
I have to back up and start again with a version not from the default
repository.
Sometimes the way to get a "newer" version is to use "backports", but I am
happy with using the CHIRP PPA, and getting the latest version.

Thinking on it, given that at no stage did I do anything about adding user
to the "dialout", group, the difficulty could likely have been about
permissions.

I am temporarily away from the kit right now, but I have another try when I
return.
Thanks guys!
Graham G4WNT