[chirp_users] How can I use Chirp to re-use One Master File for multiple Radio Brands & Models?

Christopher Knowles
Thu Jun 20 07:55:01 PDT 2019

Yes.  Build your master file as you would, say, a Lotus 1-2-3 file.
Save it.  You should already have the radio-specific files downloaded
from each radio when new.  Open the file whenever you wish.  Place your
cursor in the upper left-hand corner of the spreadsheet.  Drag it to the
lower right-hand corner of the spreadsheet.  The entire list of
frequencies, call signs, etc. should be highlighted. Right-click the
highlighted area and hit "Copy".  Then open the radio-specific file,
drop the copy anchored at the upper left-hand corner and click "Paste".
Then save as before. Chris, N1CAK

On 6/20/2019 10:30 AM, Bill Stewman wrote:
> How can I use Chirp to re-use One Master File for multiple Radio
> Brands & Models?
>
> Our Church in Northeast Texas has over 400 licensed hams with various
> brands & models of Ham Radios.
> Is there some way for me to build One Master file of Repeaters that
> everyone can use to put all of us on the same ones?
>
> Thanks
> Bill Stewman - W5RQR
> The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
> Carrollton Storehouse Volunteer and Ham Radio Station Operator
>
> --
> */          IF you forward ANY emails --/*
> */          Please delete all of the OTHER recipients /*
> */          BEFORE hitting ENTER./*
>
> *ONward & UPward*
> *
> *
> *Bill Stewman - W5RQR **Cell Phone **678-414-2500*
> *8048 Cool River Dive **Home Phone **469-731-5144 **
> *
> *Frisco, Texas 75036*
>
> *“If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.”*
> *  “When the time to act arrives, **the time to prepare has passed”*
> *"Hard work spotlights the character of people: *
> *some turn up their sleeves, *
> *some turn up their noses, and *
> *some don't turn up at all"  - Sam Ewing*

Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
P.O. Box 4632
Vineyard Haven, MA  02568

Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/

Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974

Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
	    Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)