[chirp_users] baofeng uv5r

Brent Wells
Sat Jun 8 06:45:13 PDT 2019

I purchased/use the Nagoya NA-771 on mine, as I too use my 5R as more of a scanner radio on my desk for my local emergency groups and even local highway crews. It picks up much better, however....I also use this antenna on my BF-8HP which has the extended battery, and the antenna randomly picks up an interference from the battery causing the radio to make a loud, obnoxious noise which can be stopped each time by pressing the PTT. But I do not have that problem on the 5R with the regular battery.

Authentic Genuine Nagoya NA-771 15.6-Inch Whip VHF/UHF (144/430Mhz) Antenna SMA-Fe...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KC4PWQQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_cV7-CbQ5H70C3

Brent (N4BDW)
73

Sent from my iPhone