[chirp_users] baofeng uv5r

Christopher Knowles
Sat Jun 8 07:01:06 PDT 2019

Baofeng's squelch settings are unbelievably high.  In Chirp set the #1
squelch level to "1". There are articles on the Web suggesting the
subsequent settings.  Chris Knowles, N1CAK

On 6/8/2019 9:20 AM, Don Morgan wrote:
> I have 2 of these radios and can't seem to get a good rec signal on
> them. I get the  local sheriff dispatch but do not get the patrol car
> return. When the bad weather was coming in I tuned to 162.55 which is
> the weather service for my area. I got a very noisy signal and got in
> car and drove around to see if it changed. It did come in better in
> several places but no way acceptable in an emergency. Is their a
> better antenna available for these? Any other suggestions would be
> appreciated.   DON

Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
P.O. Box 4632
Vineyard Haven, MA  02568

Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/

Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974

Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
	    Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)