[chirp_users] baofeng uv5r

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sat Jun 8 06:39:43 PDT 2019

Hello Don,

This isn't a list for baofeng uv5r.

Also if you're a first responder, I would not use any of these
inexpensive radios because they lack one very important design
feature.  All these inexpensive radios lack the ability to reject
nearby off-frequency signals, meaning that if you are at the scene of
an emergency, if someone near by is transmitting, your Baofeng UV5R
will become desensitized by the nearby transmission - could be police,
fire, or other signal and you might miss vital transmission that might
save your life.

Mail lists and FaceBook Groups for the Baofeng UV5R are listed on this page:
https://www.baofengsupport.com/forums/

Best wishes,

David N1EA