[chirp_users] baofeng uv5r

Don Morgan
Sat Jun 8 06:20:11 PDT 2019

I have 2 of these radios and can't seem to get a good rec signal on them. I get the  local sheriff dispatch but do not get the patrol car return. When the bad weather was coming in I tuned to 162.55 which is the weather service for my area. I got a very noisy signal and got in car and drove around to see if it changed. It did come in better in several places but no way acceptable in an emergency. Is their a better antenna available for these? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.   DON