[chirp_users] Help for newb, Linux, Yaesu vx-5r

Karen Chancellor
Thu Jun 6 09:38:31 PDT 2019

I couldn’t get chirp to work on Mac and am now trying to with Linux.
I am using the latest version on
Ubuntu 18.04-1. When I attempt download from Yaesu vx-5r, the progress bar indicates downloading, but at the end I get “Failed to communicate with the radio: Recieved incomplete image from radio”. There is also a CLONE ERROR on the radio.
Your assistance will be much appreciated. If there is output you would like to see, please let me know.
Thank you.