[chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)?

Chuck Hast
Mon Jan 21 08:57:50 PST 2019

Watch out for Excel, it is evil on CSV files. It mangles them, I use both
CHIRP and programs
for my DMR radios, and I am moving stuff in and out of CSV files, found out
the hard way that
Excel does not excel when it comes to CSV. Libre Office is a good option or
you can look at it
with note or any other text processing app.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 12:43 PM Patty Winter via chirp_users <
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Pat, you'll see from my other message that it was a driver issue and I
> found one that works. But no problem tossing terms like ".plist" at me!
> I've been a UNIX command-line user for decades, so I'm quite comfortable in
> the macOS Terminal program. Supposedly the communication drivers are in the
> /dev directory as .cu and .tty files; I don't know whether they also show
> up in plists. There's still no sign of the first few drivers I tried to
> install (if I get around to it I'll grep the system for them), but the one
> from Repleo (mac-usb-serial.com) is in the /dev directory and working
> fine.
>

> Patty
>
> ----------
>

> On Sunday, January 20, 2019, 10:33:56 AM PST, Pat Anderson <
> anderson5420 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The only other thing I can think of is that your cable might not be fully
> plugged into your radio. I do not think your Mac is "seeing" your radio -
> if you chose it from the drop-down boxes for Vendor and Model, CHIRP
> remembers these settings. Until you see a driver in the Port drop down box
> (other than Bluetooth etc.)  there is no way your Mac or CHIRP is "seeing"
> the radio. I have not gone "down deep" in the Mac for about three years
> (when I switched to Linux, which has a mutual admiration society with
> CHIRP) but as I recall the Mac implements the driver through a .plist file,
> and it has pl2302 in the name.This is probably getting a bit beyond the
> normal expectations for user interaction on a Mac! Sorry can't be more
> helpful!

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
Celestial!!!
Chuck -- KP4DJT