[chirp_users] UV-5R

Charley Bratton
Tue Jun 19 14:38:47 PDT 2018

Dennis - Is the J-pole suspended from a tree, or in close proximity (less than 3 ft)?

I had a similar experience where one HT wouldn’t hit one of the three nearby 2m repeaters.   Lowering the J-Pole a few feet away from the supporting limb made a significant difference.  Other 2m repeaters seemed unaffected.   Other radios seemed unaffected.  Once I found an answer, I stopped looking for other solutions, so no, not a full scientific work-up.

-Charley
KE4QBW