[chirp_users] Norton Won't Allow Newest Daily Build to Load

Fred Erickson
Thu Jan 25 14:08:35 PST 2018

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:51:41 -0500
Bill via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> My Norton antivirus tells me:  "chirp-daily-20180123-installer.exe is
> not safe and has been removed."  I tried forcing with "download
> anyway", or "run anyway" and it still won't allow the newest
> download.  Using Windows 7, and last successful download of a daily
> build was 20171229.  Any suggestions?  Bill W3OWL

This is a bit off topic but I wonder if it's related.

For several years I've used the linux wget command to download the
daily builds from the website. In the last few weeks, wget complains
about the certificate:
ERROR: The certificate of ‘trac.chirp.danplanet.com’ is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of ‘trac.chirp.danplanet.com’ hasn't got a known
issuer.
To force a download, I add the --no-check-certificate flag.

Maybe that is what Norton is complaining about.