[chirp_users] Norton Won't Allow Newest Daily Build to Load

ortingwing at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 15:28:01 PST 2018

I had the same problem. I went into the Norton screen and found the option to turn off the virus protection for a set time (I think it was 15 min). I then downloaded and installed the newest Chirp daily build successfully..

In a message dated 1/23/2018 2:57:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, rock.unroe at gmail.com writes:

 On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 3:51 PM, Bill via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> My Norton antivirus tells me: "chirp-daily-20180123-installer.exe is not
> safe and has been removed." I tried forcing with "download anyway", or "run
> anyway" and it still won't allow the newest download. Using Windows 7, and
> last successful download of a daily build was 20171229. Any suggestions?
> Bill W3OWL

False positive. Consider using something else for you AV program. I've
never had a problem using the free Microsoft Security Essentials AV.