[chirp_users] Repurposing RT-Systems Cables

David Ranch
Sun Feb 11 17:06:48 PST 2018

Hello Brandon,

I can't help you in finding the correct tool to permanently change the
VID/PID but to do this manually, you can use this command which tells
the FTDI driver to look for alternative IDs:

    #For example, an RT Systems cable for a Yaesu FT857
    #
    sudo modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x2100 product=0x9e56

You can also made this a permanent thing on your Linux OS by making some
Udev changes (see the bottom of):

http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#1d.presetup-udevusbserial

--David
KI6ZHD