[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RTP BTECH UV-5X3 - both +- in display for offset

Rich Messeder
Sun Feb 11 13:11:18 PST 2018

I have been using the 5RTP for a few years, and don't recall problems. I just realized that the display does not show either a + or a - for the repeater offset, but shows both the + and -.

Ditto the 5X3.

I tried several things in CHIRP to change this, and no success.

I can add a channel from the keypad, it seems, and then I get only a + or a -, not both.

I started with the 5X3 by downloading immediately from the radio, then copied a bunch of channels from my 5RTP file, thinking that the are both the same class of radio. I checked the column headers first, and they seemed to match.

I loaded in the file that I saved from the first access of the 5X3, and added a repeater channel.
I entered the rcv freq, the tone, a -, and it defaulted to 0.600.
When I uploaded that to the radio, I got the +-.

73 de ~Rich~ NE1EE ARES AEC
Short email? No html? Here's why: http://emailcharter.org/