[chirp_users] Repurposing RT-Systems Cables

Tom Morris
Sun Feb 11 15:42:48 PST 2018

I used one with Chirp on Mac OS and Linux, no problems at all. VERY well
built cable. the custom vid/pid are basically the license key to the RT
Systems software ( they used to use a really awful copy protection scheme).

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Gary D. Schwartz <gary-yg at pobox.com> wrote:

> Using the RT Systems version 4 cable (red) for the Yaesu FT-60 with Chirp
> (Win 7) a couple of months ago, I had zero issues as well.
>
> Agree about the quality of their cablesl
>
> Gary
>
> At 02:51 PM 2/11/2018, Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
>
> RT Systems cables work fine with Chirp. Chirp doesn't check.
>

> On 11 February 2018 at 14:17 Brandon Clark <kl7bsc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>
> Question: Has anyone had luck with changing the VID and PID on RT Systems
> cables? I saw from the CHIRP documentation that it can be done with the
> FTDI utility, but I'm not sure which utility to use (the FTDI site has many
> available).
> Also, is it worth the trouble to do so, or is it better to just get
> different cables?
>
> Background: I have three of these RT Systems cables that I've been using
> for a few years now, but I've been switching my computers to run Linux and
> now want to use CHIRP as my programming software. The cables are very
> well-constructed, so I would like to keep them if possible. If anyone is
> familiar with the reprogramming process I would appreciate the help.
>
> (Feel free to email em off-list, since I'm sure this has been asked
> before.)
> 73,
> Brandon
>

> Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1
> 937 825 5032 <(937)%20825-5032>
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www
> http://www.ngunn.net
> Member of ARRL, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club
> International #385,
> Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, GCARES, EAA382.

> intrepid.danplanet.com

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Chief Engineer, Results Radio of Redding
786-228-7087