[chirp_users] Programming The TYT th 9800

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Thu Dec 6 13:09:11 PST 2018

Yes, you can EXPORT csv from your Baofeng and save the file.

Download from your new radio and save the image.

With the download from your new radio displayed, you can IMPORT the Baofeng file into the new radio. Chirp should ignore anything that is not compatible with the new radio.

As regards to local frequencies for 6 and 10, it depends where you live.

> On 06 December 2018 at 14:54 Glenn Ervin <glennervin at cableone.net> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     I will be getting the TYT 9800 with a programming cable.
>     I have programmed my Baofengs with Chirp, so I know how to use the program in general.
>     I'm wondering if I can import the .CSV file for any of my Baofengs into Chirp when I have downloaded from the TYT, or if the Baofeng radios have settings that won't sit well in the TYT.
>     Also, this radio has 6-meter and 10-meter, and I can look at Radio Reference, but does anyone know if generally, there are any local frequencies that are in these bands?
>     Thanks.

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net