[chirp_users] Programming The TYT th 9800

Jim Unroe
Thu Dec 6 14:10:23 PST 2018

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:57 PM Glenn Ervin <glennervin at cableone.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I will be getting the TYT 9800 with a programming cable.
> I have programmed my Baofengs with Chirp, so I know how to use the program in general.
> I'm wondering if I can import the .CSV file for any of my Baofengs into Chirp when I have downloaded from the TYT, or if the Baofeng radios have settings that won't sit well in the TYT.
> Also, this radio has 6-meter and 10-meter, and I can look at Radio Reference, but does anyone know if generally, there are any local frequencies that are in these bands?
> Thanks.

A CSV by its nature does not contain settings that "won't set well" in
another radio. But unless you already keep .CSV files saved for your
existing radios, there is not need to perform the extra step of saving
to a .CSV file. You can download from your new TYT into CHIRP and then
directly import the .IMG file from one of your Baofeng radios.