[chirp_users] CHIRP DOWNLOAD problems (USB Serial leads)

Jim Unroe
Sun Oct 29 15:20:45 PDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 5:30 PM, SCOTT PETERSON <SPETE2 at verizon.net> wrote:
> The USB Serial Leads I purchased from Amazon is working fine, my current
> problem is understanding mapping the memory locations, as I said before I
> opened the repeater local listing selecting 220 MHz and populated the Radio
> image list 1-44, then went to 440 MHz attempting to populate list 45 plus.
> Didn’t work instead it overwrote the 1-44 list. I need to understand the
> memory map and can I fill the 128 Memory Locations and see the list ?
>

> Scott

Scott,

Like I mentioned earlier, if you would use "Query data source" instead
of "Import from data source" the repeaters would open up in an
additional tab. Then all you have to do from the "source" tab to the
position(s) you want in the destination tab. You just use the normal
click, shift-click, ctrl-click commands to select the channels you
want to copy from the source tab. Then right-click and choose Copy top
put those channels in the clipboard. And finally right click on the
1st destination row and choose Paste.

If you want to use "Import from data source", then when the "Import
>From File" dialog pops up, you must map the yellow "To" cells to the
value to what you want the imported channel to "map" to (From -> To).
You can either use the keypad to map individual rows or you can click
the buttons at the bottom of the menu to change the mapped destination
of all at once. Clicking [+10] will increase all the "To" values by
10. Clicking [-1] will decrease all of the "To" values by 1.

Jim