[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Just transmits when connected to computer

Drew from Zhrodague
Tue Nov 7 10:58:04 PST 2017

	modem daemon. Do you mean Network Manager, or do you mean pppd? Unless
very specifically configured to do SLIP or PPP, Network Manager
shouldn't probe any devices at all to see if they are a modem. If they
did, it would power-off any APC UPS plugged into a serial port instantly.