[chirp_users] FT1XD can read but writing fails

Tom Henderson
Tue Nov 7 05:24:26 PST 2017

Hello,

After a MARS mod, I tried to load the previous config for my radio and
get the following error on every attempt:

> ERROR: -- Exception: --
> ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/ui/clone.py", line 247,
> in run
>     self.__radio.sync_out()
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/yaesu_clone.py", line
> 241, in sync_out
>     _clone_out(self)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/yaesu_clone.py", line
> 160, in _clone_out
>     raise errors.RadioError("Failed to communicate with the radio: %s"
> % e)
> RadioError: Failed to communicate with the radio: Radio did not ack
> block 1
>
> ERROR: ----------------
> ERROR: Clone failed: Failed to communicate with the radio: Radio did
> not ack block 1
> ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: Failed to communicate with the radio:
> Radio did not ack block 1 ---
> ERROR: None

I can read the config from the radio with no errors, but cannot write
back to it.

Chirp version: CHIRP daily-20171104

Cable: Yaesu SCU-19

OS: Ubuntu 14.04

I had previously been able to program this radio with Chirp and this
cable, so I would think the problem is either the MARS mod or a change
in Chirp.

--
Tom Henderson