[chirp_users] Programming a BTECH UV-50X2

John LaMartina
Mon May 8 19:20:51 PDT 2017

There’s no risk at all. It’s just not mentioned on the CHIRP home page.

John
http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 9:36 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming a BTECH UV-50X2

There's some mention of that model on this page:

https://www.amazon.com/BTECH-MOBILE-UV-50X2-Mobile-Radio/dp/B06XK83VRV

Only this models are officially supported:

BTECH

*	GMRS-V1
*	UV-2501
*	UV-2501+220
*	UV-5001
*	UV-50X3
*	UV-5X3

It's your radio, if you want to take the risk using CHIRP on an unsupported radio, go ahead.  The worst that could happen is that you convert a functioning radio into a brick of non functioning plastic.  You can always buy a new radio.

73

David N1EA