[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82

Stephen Cooper
Thu Jan 26 19:42:13 PST 2017

Have both Baofeng UV-82 and UV-82X.  Chirp unable to connect to either.
Older driver, 3.2.0. installed.
 and shows up as working in the device manager.  When trying to read from
the handhelds I get error message "Could not open port Com 3. [Error 2].
The system cannot find the file specified."

Interestingly, the Baofeng supplied software, UV-82 Series Program Software
(VIP version), can connect via Com 3, though it usually takes multiple
attempts (repetitive communication failures) and will read and write the
memories but will not allow me to save any data.

Any hints as how to get Chirp to work would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve  WB2KXC