[chirp_users] transfering from one Baofeng to another problem

Glenn
Wed Jan 25 22:53:13 PST 2017

Hi,
I have done this before, but now I don't know what I'm doing different.
I have a Baofeng UV-5R and a Baofeng BF -F9 UV2.
I started with the UV5R and someone gave me a CSV file, and I imported that to my UV5R.
Then I actually imported that same file into a Baofeng BF 8HP for my son.
And I believe that I imported the same file to the BF-F9UV2, but I have to select the BF8HP for that radio.
All three have been programmed, so I did it somehow.
But now I am trying to export the BF-9UV2 and import it into a UV5R, actually same radio, I had just updated my 9, and wanted both radios to have the same channels.
But I either get errors that the files are not compatible, or it hangs, like there is a conflict.
I'm doing this in Ubuntu.
Thanks, and I hope that this is not as clear as mud.
Glenn