[chirp_users] transfering from one Baofeng to another problem

Jim Unroe
Thu Jan 26 02:38:29 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Glenn <glennervin at cableone.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have done this before, but now I don't know what I'm doing different.
> I have a Baofeng UV-5R and a Baofeng BF -F9 UV2.
> I started with the UV5R and someone gave me a CSV file, and I imported that
> to my UV5R.
> Then I actually imported that same file into a Baofeng BF 8HP for my son.
> And I believe that I imported the same file to the BF-F9UV2, but I have to
> select the BF8HP for that radio.
> All three have been programmed, so I did it somehow.
> But now I am trying to export the BF-9UV2 and import it into a UV5R,
> actually same radio, I had just updated my 9, and wanted both radios to have
> the same channels.
> But I either get errors that the files are not compatible, or it hangs, like
> there is a conflict.
> I'm doing this in Ubuntu.
> Thanks, and I hope that this is not as clear as mud.
> Glenn

The most thorough way is to import the "image" from the source radio
into a tab that compatible with the destination radio.

https://baofengtech.com/CHIRPImport

A quick and dirty method is to have a tab open for each radio and then
copy-and-paste the channels between tabs.