[chirp_users] CHIRP on Linux Command Line

Danny Anderson
Thu Oct 27 00:19:27 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project to build an enhanced Fox Hunt set with
a few features, most notably the ability to change broadcast frequency on a
BOAFENG GT-3 and send a message by reading text from a CSV and putting this
through Text to Speak.

I currently have everything working except for the ability to make
frequency changes through the command line.  Can anyone point me in the
direction of the correct documentation or give me a quick rundown of the
console commands needed to either change the frequency or replace the pre
programmed frequency list on the fly via the Linux console?

Fully aware I may be going about this an arse about backwards way, so if
there is a better way of achieving this I am all ears.

Regards,

Randie