[chirp_users] HTX 202

Glenn
Tue Oct 25 19:18:53 PDT 2016

I have wondered if they have a micro battery.
I had one unit that was the last of the ones that could be modded, and while it was under warranty, mine pooped out, so RS gave me a new one in replacement, but it could not be modded.
I seem to remember that the mod would expand the frequencies.
Glenn
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Randy Elliott
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:07 AM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] HTX 202

  Hi Glenn
  I will agree with Ronny. The 202 was built strictly for the ham band with no out of band receive or transmit. It had an exceptional RX front end rejection of out of band junk compared to today's radios.
  By today's radios it is big but it works great, I still use mine. I've had to replace the micro battery inside but it's still ticking.

  Randy
  VE3JPU at me.com