[chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

Jim Unroe
Thu Nov 17 18:31:38 PST 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wish I could say that any of the above worked.  I verified the driver
> version after the EXE installed it.  Made sure the cable was plugged in
> tight.  No difference.  Tried 4 radios.  All go to TX.  I'll build a Linux
> box this weekend and see if that makes a difference.  i planned on doing
> this anyway.  I also have a different cable set on the way from an eBay
> seller.

Did you got into Device manage to select v3.2.0.0 driver? I mostly use
the Prolific type cables here had to downgrade the drivers in my
Windows 7 64-bit desktop computer and my Windows 7 32-bit and Windows
10 64-bit virtual machines. It isn't hard to do once you get the hang
of it.

> Does anyone know an eBay seller that sells FTSDI cables that work well for
> kenwood, Moto, and maybe even midland?  I have a Titan that needs a few
> added channels.

Just go to baofengtech.com and purchase their PC03 cable. It is a
genuine FTDI cable and their checkout system will let you pay with
PayPal.