[chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

Amnon Zohar
Thu Nov 17 22:08:58 PST 2016

cables with ch340 chip work well plug and play. windows detects it and sets
a working driver
273usd on aliexpress now (i paid 2.18)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Programming-Cable-with-CD-for-Baofeng-UV-5R-666S-777S-888S-UV-B5-UV-B6/32525372118.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.0l8NU9
i found one for 1.88 but dont know which chip
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Portable-USB-Programming-Cable-Two-Way-Radio-Walkie-Talkie-For-Baofeng-UV-5R-For-Kenwood/32601951207.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.271.guxi32

you can save even more by buying ch340 or cp2102 chip boards for less than
a dollar and solder 3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs taken from old earphones . check
miklor.com for instructions
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-CH340-module-USB-to-TTL-CH340G-upgrade-download-a-small-wire-brush-plate-STC/32529737466.html
     0.6usd

--