[chirp_users] TYT th-9800 Memory

Daniel Chater
Mon May 30 17:33:34 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Being new to this radio and programming with a computer of said radio,  i
may have confused a number of people. I will try to explain,

When I first connected the radio I had a few channels entered from manually
putting them in.  i found that I had a few repeaters in twice and simplex
frequencies in multiple times.  The first download from the radio was a
success but I could only enter up to memory channel 25.  When I sent in the
first email I listened to the advise i was given and I now have 800 memory
channels.  I can now scroll through all 800 channels.

I have not used the software that came with the I thought I should use
something better like Chirp.  I'm glad I did.  I didn’t want to get too
deep into something that I'm sure, would have been a little more difficult
to use.

Good Job on Chirp, once i get better at it I'm sure I will be navigating
better on my own,

Thanks all,
Dan
ve3zxs