[chirp_users] New dev driver with a new variant of the QYT KT-8900R

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Mon May 30 15:43:08 PDT 2016

Hi to all,

Attached is a dev driver for the btech's radio series for your
consideration, it has support for a recently discovered version of the
QYT KT-8900R.

As I don't have this radio I need your help to validate this solution
before pushing it into Chirp.

Al the bits shows that the initial support for the QYT KT-8900R in Chirp
was for a Generation 2 of this radios, now the recently found variant is
for the 1st generation of this radios.

Please test it if you have a QYT KT-8900R that was not recognized by
Chirp after it's addition, all the success/failure stories are welcomed
(the failure are more appreciated if come with the debug.log file)

To try it you must follow this steps:

 1. save the "btech.py" file attached to this post to where you keep
    your chirp radio image files
 2. click "Help"
 3. enable "Enable Developer Functions"
 4. click "File"
 5. click "Load Module"
 6. find and load the "btech.py" file that was saved in step 1

*Note:* This special test module only temporarily changes your CHIRP.
You must load this module every time you load CHIRP.

Remember that this is a dev version and I need your feedback to make
this solution into Chirp.

--
73 Pavel CO7WT.