[chirp_users] Luiton LT-588UV

Jim Unroe
Mon May 23 06:19:02 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Jack Schlachter <km4tdj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi - Thanks for letting me join the group. The reason I joined is because I
> bought this radio for a good price after reading some good reviews on
> Amazon. There's not much else on the internet about this radio. I've
> downloaded all the softwares available with proper drivers. I've followed
> the help files on your site plus the ones on Luitons' site. Always I get the
> same result " Can't connect to the port or radio". I point the software at
> the right port. I show the ver. 3.2.0.0 dated 7/3/2007 and "this device is
> working properly". I can't even begin to enter frequencies and codes
> manually because I can't decipher the Chiglish. Could you please help me and
> try to get this radio working? Thank you,
> Jack

Jack,

Have you gotten it to work with the OEM software? The reason I ask is
because the error that you say you are getting sounds like a
cable/driver issue. No programming software will work unless there is
a working connection between the radio and computer.

The second part is that unless the Luiton LT-588UV is an exact clone
of a supported radio in this genre of radios, is not supported by
CHIRP.