[chirp_users] Mac driver issues SCU-18

Aubrey Turner
Tue May 3 15:08:37 PDT 2016

Actually, the cable is genuine and is sold by Yaesu.

I thought something about this was familiar, so I did a bit of searching.

I found a thread from February of last year on this list regarding
someone trying to get this cable working with Linux.  What we learned is
that it contains an FTDI chipset, but it's using a custom ID so that the
standard FTDI drivers won't load.  Unfortunately, this also means that
it most likely won't work for Mac, either.  As far as we could tell,
only Windows drivers are provided for this specific cable.

Here's part of the thread:
-
http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/2015-February/007260.html

If you could somehow get the FTDI driver to recognize the RATOC-specific
IDs, you might have a chance.  But as far as I can tell, no one as done
this.

--Aubrey, K5ACT