[chirp_users] Error Trying To Download From FT-1D

n4lbl
Thu Feb 12 08:02:18 PST 2015

Paul:

You might be correct here, but I suspect the reasons may be different from
most radios.  FT-1Ds come with either a Yaesu SCU-18 or SCU-19 cable
depending on their vintage.  Yaesu provides Windows drivers.  I just went
back and looked and there are no Mac instructions.  The drivers for the '18
and the '19 are packaged separately and I suppose that they may be
different.  I suspect that I just didn't get lucky and find that the
standard out-of-the-box Linux driver worked.

I'd like to know if the author of the Chirp code for the FT-1D tested with
Linux.  On 04 Feb. I sent a note to this list asking if the SCU-18s or
SCU-19s presented any issues under Linux.  I wonder if I'm the first to try
it.

I'm game to try to wrestle this to the ground if I have a modest
expectation of success.  Knowing that I'm not the first would be
sufficient.  If all I wanted to do was back the radio up I could try 1)
Chirp with Windows, 2) Yaesu's ADM-6 software with Windows, and 3) I
suspect that if I re-read the manual I'd find a backup command to the
microSD card in the radio.

Backtracking to previous issues, I just discovered that the default
scrollback limit with Ubuntu is 512 lines.  Gak!!

thanks,,,
     Alan,,,   n4lbl