[chirp_users] Settings to match Motorola PL tones

Jeffrey
Wed Jun 8 09:32:01 PDT 2016

Thanks everyone, I figured it out through trial and error.

What Motorola software has as "PL" is DTCS in Chirp.  I set up tome mode as
DTCS and 664 and it works. Finally.

I'm just learning all this, and it sure would be easier if everyone used
the same terms.

jeff

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Curley Frazier <ricknbrook at gmail.com>
wrote:

> IMO no on the TSQL. That is different than CTCSS.  INSTEAD YOU WANT ONLY
> T-CTCS
> On Jun 8, 2016 7:27 AM, "Jeffrey" <fongemie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I'm pretty new to radios in general, and more so programming them, but
>> I'll do my best to get the terminology right.
>>
>> I'm trying to use CHIRP to program a UV-5R so that it can communicate
>> with a Motorola radio on a certain frequency.  The Motorola is set to use
>> 151.9400 with a PL tone of 67.0 for both send and receive.
>>
>> PL is the same as CTCSS correct?
>>
>> On the UV-5R, I've got Tone Mode set as TSQL and ToneSql set to 67.0 -
>> and it does not work? The two radios are not communicating.  Am I missing
>> something? Something special about Motorola PL tones? Should be a standard
>> right?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> --