[chirp_users] How to set CIV address for Icom Radios

David Hagood
Sun Jan 31 18:37:14 PST 2016

In trying to use the new bank memory support in Chirp on my IC-7000, at
first I was unable to get Chirp to work. I found that Chirp seems to be
using a fixed address of 0x70 for the radio. My radio is set to 0x58 due
to my screwdriver controller, and so Chirp didn't want to talk to the
radio until I temporarily changed the CIV address on the radio. It would
be nice if Chirp would allow changing the address it assumes the radio
is on.

I cannot find a bug report for that; should I try to submit one?