[chirp_users] Inexpensive Dual Band Radios

rdhutch at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 26 09:24:01 PST 2016

I have a Leixen 898, and It seems to have a not very selective receive front end. I used it as an in-home local repeater monitor and I received some out of band land mobile radio stations, including a busy local ambulance service, while tuned to my local ham repeaters.  I replaced the Leixen with the 25W KT-8900 and the problem went away.  Granted I live in an RF rich environment (Southern, CA area(), but for this reason, I advocate purchasing one of the KT-8900 variants for under $100 on Amazon.  it's approximately the same size, seems better built, is equally portable, and less susceptible to interference.

Just my observations,
73 de Ray, AE6H