[chirp_users] new Baofeng radio & th-f6a -- linux issues

Galen Thurber
Sat Jan 16 05:37:33 PST 2016

lsusb
lsusb -v
just check the output for anything odd such as serial or make 12345

is the USB port USB3? try another

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Rodney D. Myers <rod_myers at fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:30:42 -0500
> Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Rodney D. Myers
> > <rod_myers at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >

> > > dialout:x:20:rodney
> > >

> > > and I've rebooted twice, same result
> > >

> > Is this a known good programming cable?
> >
> > Jim KC9HI
>
> came with the radio, and it works with the windos laptop I keep for
> emergencies. Yes it is good.
>
> --
> Rodney D. Myers <rod_dmyers at fastmail.fm> - kg6anx
>
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
> little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
>         Ben Franklin - 1759

I've been on-line since late 1992. Skeptic, Secular Humanist, Bright
My computer recommendations: Puppy or Sparky Linux operating system,
passwordsafe,, Pidgin Internet Messenger, tor anonymous browsing bundle.
My information recommendations: antiwar.com therealnews.com
alternet.org quackwatch.com
samharris.org <http://quackwatch.com>
Please join my boycott of: Eastlink, Facebook,Yahoo!, Microsoft